You are invited to submit your outcomes, results and developments for the 5th Victorian Psycho-Oncology Conference 2019.
The conference presents an exciting opportunity and platform for all health care professionals, researchers and consumers to share new understandings in the field of psycho-oncology. This is an ideal forum to showcase your latest research, collaborations and developments; leading the way for new partnerships, networks and strategic opportunities.
‘Advancing Comprehensive Cancer Control ‘, endeavours to highlight the benefits of, and advances in, comprehensive, integrated cancer care and research, sharing challenges and important lessons learnt. This conference theme aims to identify learnings from emerging research and practice in psycho-oncology in order to stimulate audience discussions. The objective is to achieve translational outcomes by engaging all stakeholders in a discussion of best practice comprehensive in cancer care.
Presentations are invited that align with one of the conference’s four sub-themes:
- Innovation and emerging approaches to improved cancer care in psycho-oncology
- Integrating psychosocial care as a component of comprehensive care
- Addressing diversity and disparities in supportive care provision
- Establishing and delivering on supportive care
The patient is central to all aspects of cancer control, all submissions are required to consider implications for practice. Meaningful consumer engagement will be view favourably.
- Oral Presentation
Each oral presentation will be for a total of 15 minutes (including 3 minutes for questions).
- Rapid Fire Presentation
Each rapid-fire presentation will be for a total of 5 minutes.
- Poster Presentation
Posters are a display presentation. One presenter should be available at their poster during breaks to give a brief description of their poster and answer questions.
All three presentation types apply common submission guidelines below. Authors will be prompted to indicate their preferred presentation type during the submission process. Authors of accepted papers may be offered an alternate presentation type based on reviewer and Program Committee discretion of appropriateness and program availability.
All abstracts that have been submitted before the deadline will undergo peer review. Selections for all submissions will be based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with the Conference theme and at least one of the sub-themes
- Alignment with the aim of promoting best practice in comprehensive cancer care
- Potential to be engaging and enhance the conference
- Evidence of having thought carefully about the topic, including an awareness of its implications to practice and the consumer
- Quality of the submission – clarity, readability and sufficiency of the information
- Abstracts of accepted papers will be published online in advance of the conference. Accepted papers must be presented by one of the authors. All presenters must register and pay the appropriate fee to attend.
All presentation submissions involve a one-page abstract, which must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The abstract should be a maximum of 300 words and no less than 250. Submissions that do not meet the word limit will not be reviewed.
- Abstracts should include:
- Author(s) details (name and affiliation)
- Introduction and aim
- Conclusions and implications for practice
- Abstracts must align with one of the four conference sub-themes. The submitting presenter must nominate alignment with at least one sub-theme during submission.
- All abstracts must be submitted in electronic format.
- Only submissions submitted in English will be considered. Please ensure you thoroughly check your submission for spelling and grammatical errors as accepted abstracts will be published to the conference website and app as per your submission.
- The submitting presenter must ensure that all co-presenters have read and approved the title, summary, presenter names and affiliations.
- Ensure that all author information (names, affiliations and presenting author biography) is included and entered correctly.
- Presenting authors are required to register for the conference. No funding is provided to presenters. Any presenter not registered for the conference by the early-bird registration deadline will not have their abstract included in the program.
Summary of Important Dates
|Submissions open||1 July 2019|
|Submissions close||20 September 2019|