The Organising Committee invites submissions for the 5th Victorian Psycho-Oncology Conference 2019.
The conference presents an exciting opportunity and platform for all health care professionals, researchers and consumers to share new understandings in the field of psycho-oncology. This is an ideal forum to showcase your latest research, collaborations and developments; leading the way for new partnerships, networks and strategic opportunities.
‘Advancing Comprehensive Cancer Control ‘, endeavours to highlight the benefits of, and advances in, comprehensive, integrated cancer care and research, sharing challenges and important lessons learnt. This conference theme aims to identify learnings from emerging research and practice in psycho-oncology in order to stimulate audience discussions. The objective is to achieve translational outcomes by engaging all stakeholders in a discussion of best practice comprehensive in cancer care.
Presentations are invited that align with one of the conference’s four sub-themes:
- Innovation and emerging approaches to improved cancer care in psycho-oncology
- Integrating psychosocial care as a component of comprehensive care
- Addressing diversity and disparities in supportive care provision
- Establishing and delivering on supportive care
The patient is central to all aspects of cancer control, all submissions are required to consider implications for practice. Meaningful consumer engagement will be view favourably.
- Oral Presentation
Each oral presentation will be for a total of 15 minutes (including 3 minutes for questions).
- Rapid Fire Presentation
Each rapid-fire presentation will be for a total of 5 minutes.
- Poster Presentation
Posters are a display presentation. One presenter should be available at their poster during breaks to give a brief description of their poster and answer questions.
All three presentation types apply common Submission Guidelines. Authors will be prompted to indicate their preferred presentation type during the submission process. Authors of accepted papers may be offered an alternate presentation type based on reviewer and Program Committee discretion of appropriateness and program availability.
All abstracts that have been submitted before the deadline will undergo peer review. Selections for all submissions will be based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with the Conference theme and at least one of the sub-themes
- Alignment with the aim of promoting best practice in comprehensive cancer care
- Potential to be engaging and enhance the conference
- Evidence of having thought carefully about the topic, including an awareness of its implications to practice and the consumer
- Quality of the submission – clarity, readability and sufficiency of the information
- Abstracts of accepted papers will be published online in advance of the conference. Accepted papers must be presented by one of the authors. All presenters must register and pay the appropriate fee to attend.
Summary of Important Dates
|Submissions open||1 July 2019|
|Submissions close||31 August 2019|
|Authors notified||20 September 2019|